If you've always wanted to learn to weave, join our full day
Introduction to Weaving workshop!
Who is this workshop for?
This is an introductory workshop to weaving using a rigid heddle loom for those who are looking for a craft that allows their imagination to run wild.
The skills you learn will allow you to create functional pieces such as scarves, wraps and clothing, wall hangings, and table runners, just to name a few.
What will I learn?
- How to use colours to maximum effect
- Calculating yarn meterage
- Warping and dressing the loom
- Plain weaving techniques, including neat selvedges
- Securing the ends neatly and removing the piece
- Finishing the item – hand braiding and fulling
What’s included? (just bring yourself)
- Your choice of yarn combinations
- Use of a rigid heddle loom for the duration of the workshop
- A scrumptious lunch
- Individual tuition - class size is limited to three students
**Cost is $140 (50% non-refundable deposit required to secure your place, balance is paid on the day).