This comprehensive introductory ceramics workshop will run over three days. You will create your pieces over two consecutive days, and after they are dried and bisque fired you will return for the glazing workshop.
Phoebe has many years of experience in ceramics, having trained at the National Art School in ceramics, painting, drawing, and art history and theory.
Days 1 & 2 (Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th June):
• learn the process of hand-building various forms including a range of vessel shapes
• learn techniques to construct your ceramic pieces including coiling, pinching, paddling and joining
• refine your shapes and explore different finishes including texture and decorative elements
Your pieces will then air dry, and be bisque fired in preparation for Day 3, your glazing workshop.
Day 3 (Saturday 27th July):
• learn about glazing techniques
• select and apply a food grade stoneware glaze to your finished pieces
Your work will then be transported to the kiln for glaze firing, and we will notify you when it is ready for pick up or delivery. Finished work can be collected from The House of Wool, Glebe, or postage can be arranged upon request at no additional cost.
Cost - $350 (includes all materials, firing costs and lunch)
Deposit is non-refundable; should you not be able to attend we will do our best to accommodate you at a later date. The balance is due at the conclusion of the first day's workshop.